Why Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®)?
The MBTI® personality profiling tool is one of the most widely used personality tools to identify preferred behaviour styles for individuals and helps us build on our own strengths and well as identifying how we may need to adapt to work with different styles.
The MBTI® has several characteristics that clearly distinguish it from other personality indicators:
- Describes rather than prescribes.
- Pinpoints preferences and strengths.
- Puts all preferences on equal standing.
- Provides a framework to understand human behaviour.
- Refrains from making judgements
The MBTI® instrument is a useful assessment tool when its results are effectively applied in the workplace and personal life. The results facilitate learning and lead to more successful communication and problem solving. The MBTI® is a real success when it is applied to daily situations such as relationship building, enhancing communication, customer services, sales, leadership, project management, personal and professional development and team building.
The MBTI® personality inventory enhances relationships, teams and leadership by:
- Increasing self-awareness and awareness of others.
- Adapting personal styles to other styles to enhance productivity, efficiencies and collaboration.
- Building high performance teams through greater focus on individual strengths, preferences and tolerance for other styles.
- Leveraging talents and marketing individual and team strengths.
- Resolving conflict because of greater understanding and awareness of other people’s preferences.
- Boosting self-esteem and confidence by understanding more about your own personality and pre fe rences.
- Helping embrace differences in the workplace, rather than having one ‘style’ corporate mentality.
NoLimits facilitates an interactive workshop where participants learn about the MBTI® tool and their own preferences. We engage participants in experiential and fun learning exercises to demonstrate the reality of these preferences in action and to embed their learning of this valuable psychological tool.
This full day workshop focuses on self-awareness and awareness of other personality styles specifically in relation to different styles in communication and collaboration.